room Г-308, 1 Universytetska str., Lviv, UKRAINE, 79000
Laureate (2014) of the Reward of Ivan Vyhovs'ky found by a number of Polish universities (Warsaw University, Jagellonian University, Zheszow university and oth.)* in humanitarian sciences is a historian, academic teacher, expert in ukrainian-polish relations, specialist in the field of eastern policy of European Union and Poland - director of the Institute of European Integration of Ivan Franko Lviv National University, professor Bohdan Hud'.
Reward of Ivan Vyhovs'ky by the Warsaw university has for its purpose
to honour citizens of Ukraine who achieved significant results in
development of science, culture and public life, in improvement and
development of civil society in Ukraine, as well as in construction
of democratic Ukraine, aimed to Europe and following the best traditions
of old Rzecz Pospolita, cherishes the historical, modern and future
contacts between Ukraine, Poland and Europe. The laureate of Reward
in humanitarian sciences gets possibility of annual scientific stay
by turn in 6 Polish universities, where he can teach topics, related
to the history or contemporarity of Ukraine and the region, ukrainian-polish
relations, and also to develop his own archived and research works.
of European integration of Ivan Franko National University of Lviv was created
on Octobers, 2 in 2000 The Institute consists of two departments: department
of Poland and department of EU countries, which are engaged in the study of
integration processes in Europe and experience of Central and East European
countries. Basic subjects of scientific researches of IEI are: "Role
and place of Ukraine in the processes of European integration"; "Enlargement
of European Union: consequences and prospects for Ukraine" which determine
the followings directions of Institute's activity:
- study of genesis of idea of eurointegration and forming of European Union;
- research of EU functioning mechanism;
- study of experience of political and economic modernization of EU countries;
- finding out the modern state and prospects of bilateral relations on the whole and in different branch levels in particular;
- adjusting of multilateral cooperation in informational space of Europe;
- research of state and prospects of political cooperation between Ukraine and European Union;
- substantiation of forms and methods of collaboration according to Partnership and Cooperation Agreement (PCA);
- study of problems of transformation of postsocialist societies of Ukraine and Poland;
- study of experience of Polish participation in the European integration processes;
- analysis of development of cooperation between Ukraine and Poland in the context of Ukraine's joining European and Euroatlantic structures.
The department of EU countries was created simultaneously with IEI.
Basic subject of researches:
- joining of Ukraine in European legal space;
- Ukraine's participating in forming of collective security system in Europe;
- bilateral cooperation of Ukraine with member states of EU;
- study of experience of law adaptation of candidate countries to EU to legal standards of European Union;
- analysis of migratory policy of EU in a context of its enlargement.
department of Poland was created on the basis of Institute of Poland founded
in June in June,1998 in Ivan Franko National University of Lviv.
Basic subject of researches:
- political and social and economic history of Poland in XIX-XX centuries;
- experience of transformation of postcommunist society in Republic of Poland;
- study of experience of Polish participation in integration processes in Europe;
- development of bilateral cooperation between Ukraine and Poland;
- transborder cooperation assistance.
Institute has established scientific ties with the series of foreign and Ukrainian
institutions which work at similar scientific problems. Among them are the
Institute of Europeistics of Yagellonian University (Krakov, Poland); the
Jean Monne Department of Europeistics of Schecin University (Poland); Institute
of Iinternational Relations, International Law and European Law of Franc Leopold
University of Innsbruck (Austria); Fund of Robert Shuman (Warsaw, Poland)
et al. Within the framework of this cooperation the IEI organized and holded
series of conferences and seminars on the problems of widening of integration
processes, globalization and their influence upon social and political life
in Ukraine. In cooperation with institutions mentioned above, international
scientific seminar "Neutral States in the Process of European Integration:
Austria and Ukraine. Comparison"; round table "Between East and
West: Were Does Ukraine Head For?"; international scientific and practic
conference "Globalizational and Integrational Processes in Modern World:
Challenges and Chances for Ukraine"; international scientific conference
"European Law today: Science, Education, Practice"; international
student seminar "Partnership for Peace"; international round table
"Eastern Partnership Program: a new dimention of relations between Ukraine
and EU" et al.
Institute workers advise students of faculties of international relations, journalism, philosophical in writing essays and advanced studies on the European subject. The Institute cooperates with the Student association of European Law, Euroclub of IFNUL and association of students of international relations "Young Diplomacy" and European Law Student Association (ELSA) as regards their activity in researching problems of European integration.
One of the subjects of scientific studies of the Institute includes researches upon the state budget scientific project Ei-80F "Developing method of estimation of the influence of border regulations in Ukraine on the prospects of its European and Euro-Atlantic integration". Scientific coordinator of the project is doctor of economics, professor Mal'skiy M.Z. Research period is January, 2010 - December, 2012. In the system of foreign-policy priorities of Ukraine collaboration with EU and NATO occupies the special place. Success of Ukrainian integration into these structures depends upon situation on its borders. The tasks of completion of border delimitation and demarcation processes, using effective measures for non-admission of transforming Ukraine into the country of transition, storing and supplying of illegal migrants, drugs and weapon remains topical. The international programs on settlement of north-eastern Ukrainian border as well as legalization of agreements on readmission between Ukraine from one side, and Moldova, Belarus and Russia from other, have to assist in this. At the same time, it is necessary to increase transparency of borders between Ukraine and EU and NATO-members, cooperate with them in viza regime liberalization. That could stimulate forming positive public opinion in Ukraine about the European and Euro-Atlantic structures.